Yes, it’s that time of the year again – goal setting time! While 2006 was an okay year for us financially, we’re hoping to make 2007 even better. Here’s what we plan to set out to accomplish:
1. Increase our combined net worth by $32,000.
2. Contribute 50% of the maximum to our Roth IRAs.
3. Pay off all of our credit card debt by November 2007.
4. Come up with a retirement action plan that includes correct asset allocation, periodic re-balancing, and a re-assessing how much we’re socking away.
5. Continue to make a payment to the student loans every two weeks, for an amount of half monthly minimum payment plus at least $100. That will ensure an extra $3000 is paid towards that debt.
6. Have more fun with the money that we have left over!
Have a happy and safe New Year’s! We’ll see you in 2007.